- Each sister received a purple folder with valauable information in it such as a chapter roster, ADK International website and blog addresses as well as their passwords.
- We signed up to hostess monthly meetings as well as voted for a new 6 o'clock p.m. meeting time. We agreed that with an earlier meeting time we would ask the hostess to provide a more substantial selection of food and drink. Our goal is that every sister contributes at least one meeting.
- We took new ADK shirt orders. Our shirts will be lavender, V neck, 3/4 length sleeve knit shirt with the ADK insignia and Beta Psi embroidered on the front. Our plan is to promote our Chapter by wearing our shirts on the day of our membership meetings as well as any official outings such as public meetings and ADK training. The shirts will be available at our next meeting so please come prepared to pay for your shirt ($30.) at that time.
- Annual dues ($50.) was collected by our wonderful bookkeeper, Marilyn. (A reminder that dues will be accepted at our September meeting.)
- A brief presentation was made by our Membership Chairman, Eileen on the subject of requirements for prospective ADK members.
- A collection was made of items for our "Ways and Means" project: "Celebrate a New Grandmother" basket and a "Kitchen" basket. These will be raffled off this Saturday, Sept. 13th at the District 2 Officer training at West Nassau High School.
Our next meeting is September 23rd at Chaffee Trail Elementary at 11400 Sam Caruso Way off Chaffee Road between Normandy and Interstate 10. For the second year, we will be making clay "Empty Bowls" to donate to Lutheran Social Services for their annual Fundraiser supporting the Food Bank. ( FYI -the following meeting in October will also be at Chaffee Trail so we can glaze our own pottery and we will have a representative from Lutheran Social Services speak about the Empty Bowls Project)
I look forward to seeing you all at our September meeting.